I was so happy when Michelle at The Purple Pumpkin Blog told me she had nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! My first blogging award! I am really chuffed to have been chosen. Thank you Michelle!
Now it is my turn to pass this award onto 15 other bloggers. There are some other rules I have to follow as well:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Include a link to their blog
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've discovered recently or follow regularly
4. Nominate those 15 blogs/bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award (include a link back to your post!)
5. Finally, tell the people you nominated (and your blog readers) 7 things about yourself
I had a little look at The Versatile Blogger website as I was a little concerned about nominating people who had already received the award, but there is no clear record and it seems to be perfectly ok to repeat nominate, so off I went! It was fairly easy chosing my nominees, as I do have some favourite blogs that I read a lot and I always enjoy their posts. I also picked bloggers that post good content regularly.
1. Fold In The Flour
2. Slice of Barnes
3. Kerry Cooks
4. Iowa Girl Eats
5. Good Gobble!
6. Laura Loves Cakes
8. Riverside Baking
10. A Kick At The Pantry Door
11. Food, Glorious Food
12. The Brunette Baker
13. The More Than Occasional Baker
14. What Kate Baked...
15. Caroline's Cupcakes
7 Things About Me
1. In 2010 I spent 6 months travelling around Australia, New Zealand and Fiji. I lived in Sydney for 3 months and worked at a restaurant, spent weeks travelling the East Coast, Uluru and Melbourne. I spent a month in New Zealand, and finally visited Fiji for a week. Such an amazing experience that I will never forget!
2. I learnt Mandarin Chinese for a few years in high school and university, but unfortunately languages aren't my forte and I had to give up the course as I couldn't keep up with the pace. I still remember a few phrases and have been lucky enough to go to China twice.
3. I volunteer every two years for the Manchester International Festival and have done since 2007. I'm really proud of my city and I love volunteering at the festival. Every year is different, and the festival involves music, art exhibitions, installations and theatre showcasing talents both local and international. Check it out this year's events at www.mif.co.uk.
4. I'm in the Social Committee at work. It's hard work, but also really fun! We organise events every year for the staff such as quizzes, charity days, volunteering, BBQs, and of course the Christmas party. I always make sure we have a few bake sales every year too!
5. This blog isn't my first website. In high school I taught myself html and set up several websites based around my favourite TV shows and celebrities at the time. It was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot, plus I met so many nice people. Including one friend in America who I still email regularly and we finally met for the first time in 2009 (picture below). It's one of the reasons I decided to do a blog, because I knew that there are some great people out there interested in the same things as me!
6. I love films, bit of a film geek and I watch movies all the time and go to the cinema when I can. (The degree I graduated from university with was Film & Media.)
7. My aspirations for the future are to keep on promoting and improving my blog, to write more recipes, and to keep on exploring the world of baking. As much as I enjoy making cakes, I don't want to sell cakes for a living. I recently was commissioned to make my first cake, and I did enjoy doing it, and will do it again if asked! But what I enjoy the most is trying new products and new recipes out. So reviewing products, restaurants and shows/exhibitions is definitely something I want to focus on in the future, although baking will always be my addiction!